Taxi Bill of Rights
When you use Central Minnesota Yellow Cab, you have the right to the following:
- Direct the destination and route used
- Travel to any destination within our service area (trips outside our area may also be arranged)
- A knowledgeable driver who speaks English and knows City Geography
- A safe and courteous driver who obeys traffic laws
- A clean, safe and comfortable ride
- You have the right to obtain a receipt
- Pay only the amount displayed on the taximeter
(Gratuities for good service is appropriate.)
- Be accompanied by a service animal
- Expect the driver to be able to make change for a $20 bill
Your taxi driver also has rights that you should respect, including the following:
- Behave in a civil manner.
- Refrain from smoking, drinking or eating food inside a taxicab.
- Do not distract or otherwise prevent the taxi driver from focusing on driving.
- Pay the fare posted on the meter: Should you dispute the fare, you should take the taxi driver’s
name and cab number and report your dispute to 320-252-8080
- A driver may request a deposit up to the estimated amount of the fare in advance.
- For your safety, please wear your seat belt
- Do not expect the driver to make change for anything greater than a $20 bill
A taxi driver may refuse to transport if:
- The driver believes he/she may be in danger
- The passenger refuses to provide a deposit, up to a reasonable amount of the fare
- The passengers are conducting themselves in a disorderly manner, using profane or offensive language, or are acting in such a manner as to be offensive to the driver or other passengers